Friday, June 3, 2011

Getting the .po file to sphinx

We have the .po file ready. I sent it to Abhishek and he returned it after getting the experts at OLE Nepal to verify and complete the translations.

Now..getting it to sphinx

Matt started a discussion at sphinx-dev about our process of creating a Nepali translation of SchoolTool. I commented on it and added a link to the .po file that was saved in the public folder of my dropbox.

With that done, I'm now back to translating the SchoolTool Book. It's easier now since I am able to copy and paste from the manual. However, I have to be careful with keeping the format correct with Restructured text.

Also, there are some irregularities with the actual SchoolTool and the manual. They are not too many of them. Just a couple, and I'm debating whether to go along with the manual or to translate them. I have asked Abhishek what he wants..let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment