Monday, May 30, 2011

Friday, May 27

I started on my translations yesterday. With a lot of help from Matt and Jeff, I got this done.
I didn't really get to translating the sidebars, that seemed like it would take a lot of time, and I continued translating the other parts while Matt worked on figuring that out.

Later we saw that translating the whole document would take a lot of time, and I wouldn't be able to complete it during my Senior Experience. So, we decided to get the .PO file translated and send it to Sphinx.

Matt got that ready today, and I translated most of it today. There were a lot of technical words that when translated into Nepali would be more confusing for the users to understand. Abhishek Singh, our point of contact in OLE Nepal, said it would be no point in us translating if people found it more difficult to understand what was being said. So, I translated the ones that I thought were common words that Nepali people would be able to understand and other technical words, like JavaScript, I either transliterated them or left them in English.

I emailed the .PO file and the list of transliterated words to Abhishek, Jeff and Matt. We'll send the file to Sphinx as soon as we  make the necessary changes after weget feedback from OLE Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment